WEAR THROUGH WARRANTY
All Nova Cork and Linoleum Floorings are covered by a 20 Year Residential Wear Warranty and 10 Year Commercial
Wear Warranty. This warranty applies to the original end user and covers only approved product applications.
Please note that the warranty is valid from the date of purchase as shown on the consumer's invoice. If any
manufacturing defect occurs, Nova will issue a credit to the store on the original purchase of the product
for replacement. Credit applies to material and does not include labor since it is the responsibility of the
installer to determine suitability of material prior to installation.
The guarantee against wear is restricted to wear on the surface of the boards. The wear must be readily
visible and cover a minimum of approximately 10% of the installed floor. Gloss reduction is not considered
wear. This warranty is only valid if proper maintenance procedures are followed. Check with Nova for detailed
The following are expressly excluded from the present guarantee:
- Defects or damage caused by installation that does not comply with NovaCork recommended installation
procedures. Any failure, as a result of improper installation, is the sole responsibility of the flooring
contractor and/or installer.
- Problems due to moisture, mildew, alkaline substances, hydrostatic pressure, expansion and contraction
- Inadequate product choice for the flooring use conditions.
- Improper or not recommended dressings.
- Noncompliance with installation instructions and maintenance guidelines as recommended by Nova
Distinctive Floors. Manufacturer cannot assume responsibility for the suitability of flooring material
and accompanying products for each individual installation, as manufacturer has no control over the
installer's proper application. Should an individual piece be doubtful as to appearance or dimension the
installer should not use this piece. Failure to apply protective coating in accordance with manufacturer’s
guidelines may result in irreparable damage to the cork. Such damage is not covered.
- Damage due to improper maintenance. Refer to Nova Distinctive Floors Maintenance Instructions or
call Nova Distinctive Floors for recommended products.
- Unapproved modification or repair.
- Damage due to exposure to excessive heat, cold or dryness (It is recommended that the relative humidity
in a home stay in the healthy range of 40-60% throughout the year. To accomplish this, it may require the
use of a de-humidifier or a humidifier depending on the condition).
- Warranty does not cover cracking, warping, soiling or abuse caused by items such as roller skates,
stiletto heels, golf shoes or pets.
- Accidents or misuse.
- Labor on material installed with manufacturing defects.
- Dissatisfaction in color, shade or texture variations from samples or printed color illustrations.
Since cork is a natural product it is expected to have color variation due to age of product; exposure to
UV light and/or sunlight, therefore it is not a manufacturing defect. Shuffling is required.
- Exposure to UV light or sunlight will cause color variation/fading. Use draperies where possible or
cure it with a UV finish product. Area rugs and large furniture will block light exposure and cause uneven
coloration. To minimize this, furnishing and floor coverings should be moved periodically.
- Damage due to stains, scratches, gouges, scuffs, punctures, tears, fading, indentations, burns, lack
of proper furniture rests, improper storage or other incident such as fire, flood (also leaky plumbing,
overflowing of sinks or similar water damage) or abuse. -- Note: Sliding heavy furniture or appliances may
permanently damage your Nova Cork Flooring Problems due to moisture, mildew, alkaline substances or